Remote Medical Billing Specialists provide best-in-class billing services to our private pediatric practice clients. Review claims for accuracy; oversee processing of claims to payers; resolve insurance company payments that are late, underpaid or denied; work closely with providers, practice managers and staff to implement best practice protocols.
- Learn and become proficient with the premiere pediatric system in the industry- Physician’s Computer Company (PCC) Billing.
- Efficiently analyze insurance claims throughout the submission process, insuring claims are accurately coded in a timely fashion, and for optimum reimbursement and compliance.
- Ensure that all claims reach the payers, and independently resolve any issues (underpayments, denials, etc.) with the claims so they are paid fully and on time.
- Post payments, organize processing of patient correspondence and statements.
- Answer phone inquiries from patients regarding benefit coverage and making payments.
- Consult with the practice manager, front desk staff and providers on a regular basis to implement and maintain quality assurance, optimal billing procedures and client satisfaction.
- Minimum 4 recent years of medical (physician services) billing
- Knowledge of insurance payment posting, demonstrated use of CARC codes and denials
- Experienced in navigating payer websites for policies and rules, as well as conducting general online research
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated comfort with computer technology
- Established proficiency in or ability to quickly become proficient in the Google Workspace (G-Suite): Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Meet, etc.
- Strong time management and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through, able to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage
- Passion for achieving excellence
- Works with a blend of quality, speed, and accuracy
- Able to work independently and on a team
- Effective and efficient with problem solving
- Motivated learner who is able to grow through challenges
- Familiarity with the proper use of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS coding rules
- Knowledge of Medicare’s National Correct Coding Initiatives edits
- Pediatric or Primary care billing experience
- Prior experience working remotely
- AAPC, CPC medical coder certification
Additional Requirements for Remote Staff
- This position is intended for candidates who reside out of state or outside of a reasonable commuting range. Local candidates are invited to apply for an onsite Medical Billing Specialist position.
- A private and distraction-free workspace for HIPAA compliance
- Sufficiently high speed and reliable internet service to perform the job. (Download speed: optimal 10-20 mbps. Upload speed: over 5 mbps. Latency: under 50 is ideal. Anything above 100 ms will not work.) A speed test for these metrics is available at https://speedof.me/
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- CTO accrued from the 1st day of employment, beginning with 2 weeks
- 6 paid holidays with 5 additional paid days during Thanksgiving and winter holiday period
- 3 paid days for personal emergency
- Paid time off for volunteer community service
- Paid parental leave
- Employee retirement account with 3% matching