The successful candidate will bring strong customer service and communication skills, assisting the billing team as a first point of contact for physician clients, their practice managers, insurance representatives, and the parents of pediatric patients. They must be able to effectively triage calls by asking appropriate fact finding questions, and assisting in resolving insurance billing issues. The Patient Account Specialist also supports the billing team with administrative tasks, such as posting payments, providing personal billing support, sending letters, preparing monthly reports and making out-bound calls.
We hire for both remote and onsite positions.
- At minimum, 2 years of phone-based customer service experience
- Some experience in healthcare or work-related familiarity with medical terminology, EHR systems and insurance
- A clear, polite and professional communication style
- Critical thinking skills and problem solving experience
- Ability to learn and utilize software, and conduct online research
- Demonstrated comfort with computer technology
- Established proficiency in or ability to quickly become proficient in the Google Workspace (G-Suite): Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Adept with numbers
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Some insurance-related experience, i.e. handling prior authorizations
- Works with a blend of quality, speed, and accuracy
- Thrives in an autonomous work situation
- Prior remote work experience (for a remote position)
Additional Qualifications for Hybrid Staff
The position is available fully remote for candidates who live beyond a reasonable commuting distance from our office in Winooski, VT. Local Vermont candidates are invited to apply for a hybrid position (3 days in office, 2 days remote).
- A private, dedicated space to ensure HIPAA compliance
- Sufficiently high speed and reliable internet service to perform the job. Download speed: optimal 10-20 mbps. Upload speed: over 5 mbps. Latency: under 50 is ideal. (Anything above 100 ms will not work.) A speed test for these metrics is available at https://speedof.me/
- Health, vision, dental insurance, and short-term disability
- CTO accrued from the 1st day of employment, beginning with 2 weeks
- 6 paid holidays with 5 additional paid days
- 3 paid days for personal emergency
- Paid time off for volunteer community service
- Paid parental leave
- Employee retirement account with 3% matching
- Employee Assistance Program