Medical Billing Specialists provide best-in-class billing services to our private pediatric practice clients. Review claims for accuracy; oversee processing of claims to payers; resolve insurance company payments that are late, underpaid or denied; work closely with providers, practice managers and staff to implement best practice protocols.
- Learn and become proficient with the premiere pediatric system in the industry- Partner Billing System by PCC.
- Efficiently analyze insurance claims throughout the submission process, ensuring claims are accurately coded in a timely fashion, and for optimum reimbursement and compliance.
- Ensure that all claims reach the payers, and independently resolve any issues (underpayments, denials, etc.) with the claims so they are paid fully and on time.
- Consult with the practice manager, front desk staff and providers on a regular basis to implement and maintain quality assurance, optimal billing procedures and client satisfaction.
- Minimum 3 years of medical billing or closely related experience
- Familiarity with the proper use of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS coding rules
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge of Medicare’s National Correct Coding Initiatives edits
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in office-based computer programs- Word, Excel, Outlook, G-mail
- Experienced in navigating payer websites for policies and rules, as well as conducting general online research.
- Strong time management and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Passion for achieving excellence
- Works with a blend of quality, speed, and accuracy
- Able to work independently and on a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective and efficient with problem solving
- Motivated learner who is able to grow through challenges
- Primary care or Pediatric billing experience
- AAPC, CPC medical coder certification
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Financial support for environmentally-friendly commuting
- CTO accrued from the 1st day of employment
- 6 paid holidays with 5 additional paid days during the Thanksgiving and winter holiday period
- Paid time off for volunteer community service
- Employee retirement account with 3% company matching